Suffield Players Audition Schedule for 2017-2018
GENERAL AUDITION INFORMATION
The Suffield Players holds show specific auditions at our theater in Mapleton Hall's North Hall (entrance to right) unless otherwise noted, and are open to all actors. We do not pre-cast shows but specific information about auditions may change and will be published in advance on our website and via email. Actors may be added to our mailing list by using our Membership Form. The Suffield Players is an all volunteer organization.
Auditions generally are cold readings from the script; musicals will request prepared songs as outlined in the director notes. If a monologue, movement, improv, or other specific elements are to be included in the process, we will provide ample notice.
We do three main stage shows and one holiday benefit each year plus staged readings. Auditions have generally occurred mid-month in August, October, November and January but watch here for details. Our upcoming season's specific dates are below.
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING by William Shakespeare, directed by Chris Rohmann
New Faces 2017 produced by Shaun O'Keefe
Saturday, July 8, at 1PM, or by arrangement
Performance date is Saturday, August 19, at 2PM and 7PM
Please Note: participants from past New Faces programs who would like to re-qualify for a role will be considered!
- Open to anyone age 16 and up, New Faces is designed to teach, inspire and develop the talents of all participants. Join us this summer to hone your acting skills!
- New Faces offers actors an opportunity to work with Suffield Players directors in scene study and actor's craft. We will also be developing the talents of directors who are new to our stage as well!
- The performances will consist of a series of short plays, approximately 10 minutes each, selected by the directors and worked on during the program.
- New Faces 2017 begins with an afternoon of scheduled cold script readings/auditions for all New Faces participants on Saturday, July 8 from 1 - 4 pm.
- Every accepted participant will perform in at least one of the shows.
- Rehearsal times will be scheduled by the cast and director of each individual play; possibly three to five hours weekly.
- Space is limited; places for New Faces 2017 will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Deadline to Register Interest: July 2, 2017
- Contact Shaun O'Keefe at shauncokeefe [at] yahoo [dot] com to confirm your interest in our program, or with questions
- You will be contacted as soon as possible to confirm your letter of interest!
Experienced actors are sought to work with, and assist in the development of new directors and new actors.
Holiday Benefit:A CHRISTMAS PUDDING II by David Birney, directed by Roger A. Ochs
MOON OVER BUFFALO by Ken Ludwig, directed by Denise Boutin
SYLVIA by A. R. Gurney, directed by Kelly Seip